Thursday, May 6, 2010

CC Sabathia + A.J. Burnett + Andy Pettitte + Phil Hughes - Javy Vazquez = Yankee Awesomeness

Finally, I have some time to sit down and write a blog. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say. I feel so far removed from the Yankees right now. I don't know the last full game I watched. I've seen all of about 1 pitch in the last 2 games. Life is just getting in the way. Still working crazy hours at work. I'm up at 4:30am and back around 7pm or so. On top of that crazy schedule, we're moving out of our house and the scheduled closing is this Tuesday. It's definitely a busy time in my life. Arguably the busiest it's ever been. Not sure how much more I can take.

I paid as much attention as I could to the Orioles series. Again, I caught very little of the action. All I really know is that the Yankees swept them and are currently riding a 4 game winning streak and have a 19-8 record, 1 game behind the Rays. That's a much better start than I envisioned. Anybody think they'd get off to that kind of a start. For my money they still are atop the power rankings. They did after all take 2 of 3 from the Rays in Tampa. To be the man you've got to beat the man.

The Yankees SPs have pretty much dominated these last 4 games. Hughes, CC, A.J., and Andy are a combined 4-0. The foursome collectively pitched 27.1 IP, allowing just 3 runs (2 earned) on 21 hits and 7 walks, whiffing 18. For those of you without a handy-dandy calculator around, that's an ERA of 0.66. I say hot damn. If only Javy Vazquez would get with the program. It's hard to believe that the Yankee SPs have a combined ERA of 3.17 considering how God-awful Vazquez has been. The 5 SPs are a combined 16-4 with that 3.17 ERA I just mentioned. Remove Vazquez from that mix and the SPs are 15-1 with an ERA of 2.14. Wow those guys are good. The Yankees are 100% right to skip Vazquez's next turn. He needs to work out some issues and on the mound in Fenway isn't the place to do it. As I mentioned after his last start, Javy knows how to pitch. He's succeeded before. He's got it in him to do it again. Hope he figures it out soon.

I have a little more to write about (Pettitte's injury, a little Yankee offense) but the missus needs the computer. Happy wife. Happy life. Even when one works all day long.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.