Thursday, May 6, 2010

CC Sabathia + A.J. Burnett + Andy Pettitte + Phil Hughes - Javy Vazquez = Yankee Awesomeness

Finally, I have some time to sit down and write a blog. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say. I feel so far removed from the Yankees right now. I don't know the last full game I watched. I've seen all of about 1 pitch in the last 2 games. Life is just getting in the way. Still working crazy hours at work. I'm up at 4:30am and back around 7pm or so. On top of that crazy schedule, we're moving out of our house and the scheduled closing is this Tuesday. It's definitely a busy time in my life. Arguably the busiest it's ever been. Not sure how much more I can take.

I paid as much attention as I could to the Orioles series. Again, I caught very little of the action. All I really know is that the Yankees swept them and are currently riding a 4 game winning streak and have a 19-8 record, 1 game behind the Rays. That's a much better start than I envisioned. Anybody think they'd get off to that kind of a start. For my money they still are atop the power rankings. They did after all take 2 of 3 from the Rays in Tampa. To be the man you've got to beat the man.

The Yankees SPs have pretty much dominated these last 4 games. Hughes, CC, A.J., and Andy are a combined 4-0. The foursome collectively pitched 27.1 IP, allowing just 3 runs (2 earned) on 21 hits and 7 walks, whiffing 18. For those of you without a handy-dandy calculator around, that's an ERA of 0.66. I say hot damn. If only Javy Vazquez would get with the program. It's hard to believe that the Yankee SPs have a combined ERA of 3.17 considering how God-awful Vazquez has been. The 5 SPs are a combined 16-4 with that 3.17 ERA I just mentioned. Remove Vazquez from that mix and the SPs are 15-1 with an ERA of 2.14. Wow those guys are good. The Yankees are 100% right to skip Vazquez's next turn. He needs to work out some issues and on the mound in Fenway isn't the place to do it. As I mentioned after his last start, Javy knows how to pitch. He's succeeded before. He's got it in him to do it again. Hope he figures it out soon.

I have a little more to write about (Pettitte's injury, a little Yankee offense) but the missus needs the computer. Happy wife. Happy life. Even when one works all day long.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,



雅婷雅婷宛佳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.