Monday, May 10, 2010

Yanks Lose To Sox But Sox Are The Real Losers

OK, I've got a few minutes to write this blog and hopefully catch up a little bit on the last few days. Yanks took 2 of 3 from Boston in Boston. That feels good to say, err, I mean write. Anytime the Yanks take 2 of 3 in Fenway is a good time. That now makes it 4 of 6 from the Bo-tards on their home turf. Rock on. Quite simply, Boston is not very good. Now, that's not to say they won't be. They did after all own the Yanks at the start of last season and look how that finished. Hopefully what we see now is what we continue to see. Boston in 4th place = awesome!

I didn't get too see much of Saturday's rain-delayed game. I had to pick up a U-Haul and then load it and unload it at 3:30. By the time that was all said and done, I was able to catch a few innings and by then the rout was on. It's a shame the rain came when it did as it would have been nice for CC to pick up the W. I got to see Teixeira's 3rd HR of the game. He crushed that pitch. It's good to see Tex starting to hit with regularity.

I joined last night's game in the 2nd and turned it off after Swisher and A-Rod HR'd to make it 6-2. A.J. Burnett didn't fare so well and it was definitely his worst start of the season. I'm not concerned as it's been only 1 bad start. Those are going to happen. Big props to Nick Swisher who has been hitting the ball well lately. His 7th HR added another $37 to the Swish's Wishes and the total contributed is now up to $299.

I wish I had more to write but I don't. I'm really hating how my life is operating right now in terms of watching the Yanks play. I'm definitely not enjoying it. Now that we're out of the house and an all-week training at work is over, I'm hoping it will get a little better but it probably won't. Positive thinking only goes so far. Along those lines, I'm trying to talk up Sergio Mitre to myself since he gets the start tonight. Let's see how that goes.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: