Thursday, July 3, 2008

What The Heck Is Going On Here?

OK, I'm frustrated. As soon as the Red Sox half of the 3rd inning ended, I took my son Cooper upstairs for his bath. My wife ran his bath water, I handed him off to her and immediately went downstairs to watch the Yankee half of the 3rd. I couldn't have been gone more than 4 minutes. I walk downstairs and find commericals. With a puzzled look on my face, I rewind the game and see Jeter grounding into an inning-ending DP. To quote the late, great Scooter, holy cow. What a quick inning.

Now as soon as the Red Sox half of the 4th ended, I went back upstairs to read my son a book before bedtime. The book was "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?" It's all of about 20 pages and there's only 1 sentence on every other page. My point is, it's short. Short, but good. I finish the book, walk back downstairs, and more commercials. This time I was gone a little longer, but only like 5 minutes, 6 tops. Rewind to find Giambi striking out. Again, holy cow. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

I've been typing this entry since 8:26pm. It's now 8:34 and the Sox are still batting. It's seemed like an eternity. Andy Pettitte has been absolutely horrible tonight. Youkilis just doubled, it's 6-0 Sox and based on how the Yankees are playing, this game is done. They need to do a complete 180. Pettitte's been yanked and rightfully so. This game is going to get ugly. It reminds me of the Mets game from last week where they got blown out, except we're not scoring. I have the feeling that no Yankee pitcher is going to do well tonight.

10 minutes and counting........

J-Boogie

0 comments: