Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Down The Stretch They Come

I'm really nervous about tonight's game. Andy is 37 and hasn't pitched on short rest in over 100 starts. But if anyone can figure out a way to battle through the game, it's Andy Pettitte. We shouldn't expect perfection but I'm confident he'll be able to keep the team in the game. That's all I'm looking for. The offense though needs to show up and get the necessary run support. My buddy Scott just sent me a text asking me what my gut feeling about tonight's game is. My gut is telling me there's going to be a game 7. I hope my gut is wrong. But if it's not.....

I have tickets to game 7 . It would be insanely awesome to attend game 7 of a World Series. It would be absolutely mind-blowing if I lucked out and happened to be there to see the Yankees win it all. That would be a dream come true. But I'd rather they win tonight. I'm more than fine staying home if it means the Yankees win the World Series. I'm even going as far to find things I can do to put a reverse jinx on myself. I figure if I get as 100% ready to go to NYC that it won't happen. The only way it doesn't happen is if the Yankees win. Works for me.

I've had a few people tell me I'm crazy for not wanting them to lose so I can go and it boggles my mind how anyone would think a die-hard fan a team would every root for their team to lose. That doesn't fly with me. The Yankees have a 3-2 lead and are 1 win away from winning it all. There's no guarantee that any team will ever win, especially in game 7 of the World Series. You take it as soon as you can get it. Trust me, I know. I had tickets to game 7 of the 2004 ALCS. I've been there. Winning is never a guarantee. Like I said, when you're one win away from ending it, you want that win to happen ASAP regardless of anything else. I heard some people say they wanted them to lose game 5 so they could clinch at home. That line of thinking boggles my mind.

I may be back later on with more thoughts. I'll have to see how the day goes. If you're a Twitter user, feel free to follow me. There are a lot of Yankee bloggers and fans using Twitter and the community is very active during games. It's like we're all hanging out in a virtual living room watching the game. It's a good time.

Let's go Yankees!

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

week 11 picks said...

Pettite has found the smartest way to stay fresh that I've ever seen.

He jsut rarely throws a pitch. It seems like he would intentionally get a man on first just so he can throw over there 9 times without throwing a single hard pitch. Expect this game to go well into thursday if he pitches longer than 5 innings.