Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Back To The Bronx For Game 6 As Yankees Fall To Phillies 8-6

Well that was fun, wasn't it? I'm going to save a lot of my comments for tomorrow. I could use some sleep so I'm going to keep this one real short. Yeah right.

A.J. Burnett was terrible. Beyond terrible. He had a chance to bring it home and he couldn't even make it out of the 3rd inning. It was a gamble going with him on short rest and it backfired. I'm not saying it wasn't the right move but it certainly didn't work out as we envisioned. I'm watching the postgame show on YES and Girardi sounds non-committal about using Pettitte in game 6. My buddy dropped a rumor on me that Pettitte told the team he had nothing left. I think that came via Jon Heyman. I'm inclined to think it's true after listening to Giradi say he wanted to ask Andy how he felt before announcing the game 6 starter. If there was any question about Pettitte being able to go in game 6 , then Chad Gaudin should have started tonight and they should have saved A.J. for game 6. I'm going to be highly ticked if Pettitte is toast.

I'm not sure how many of you guys follow me on Twitter. If you do and were following me last night you know I didn't have some nice things to say about Phil Coke. The bullpen needed to shut the Phillies down and for the most part they did. Until Coke came along anyway. I've been wondering since the ALCS why Girardi was using Damaso Marte over Phil Coke and now I have my answer. If Coke could have kept the ball in the park then maybe the 9th inning rally would have tied the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen Phil Coke pitch his last pitch for the Yankees. I have no problem with that if that's the case.

Has anybody seen Mark Teixeira, one of the favorites to win the AL MVP? If you see him, tell him to show up in the Bronx. He's been missing all series. He had a big chance to atone for all of his shortcomings there in the 9th and he whiffed. The team needs you Mark. Please be in the Bronx on Wednesday.

I can't be overly disappointed because this wasn't a game I expected the Yanks to win. It would have been nice to close it out but what can you do? Philly is a good team and we Yankee fans should be happy they took 2 of 3 there. It is going to be real tough for Philly to win 2 straight in the Bronx. I don't see it happening, but who knows? I'll be back tomorrow with more.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: