Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Am In Need Of An Intervention

I have a serious problem and I'm not sure what to do about it. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting help. It's not something I'm proud to admit but here goes.........

I'm addicted to The Wiggles! My 9-month old son loves them. He could be sitting on the floor playing with some toys facing away from the TV but as soon as he hears the beginning lyrics of the theme song, "It's the Wiggles. It's the Wiggles," he whips his head around and devotes all of his attention to the 4 guys in yellow, blue, red, and purple. And now I find myself equally as enthralled as my son is. We just downloaded about 40 Wiggles songs and burned them to a CD for him, and I of course put them on my iPod. I'll tell people it's on there in case my son is in the car with me, but I know the truth. I found myself dialing up the playlist on my way to work today, bopping and singing along to their catchy tunes. I even find myself signing their songs as I walk around the building here at work. "Fruit Salad. Yummy yummy." Curse those 4 mates from Australia and their infectious grooves. My name is Jay, and I'm a Wigglyholic.

Am I alone out there in my addiction? Are there any support groups out there for adults addicted to the Wiggles? I really need the help. Somebody help me!! Do I even need help or is okay to be 34 years old and like The Wiggles?
Toot toot chugga chugga,
J-Boogie

0 comments: