Thursday, May 8, 2008

Really John? Really?

I just got back to my desk to find the Yankees up 4-3. Cano and Betemit just went back-to-back to extend the lead to 3. I'm listening to the game on the radio and after Betemit's HR, John Sterling's witty comment was something to the effect of "The Yankees bet on Betemit." That might not have been the exact line but it was something to that effect.

If you're a long time reader of this blog then you've probably read me ragging on Sterling in the past. I can't stand listening to Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. It's brutal. I'd rather listen to Michael Kay. One of the biggest problems I have with sterling are the absolutely stupid sayings he comes up with when someone goes deep. "Bet on Betemit" takes the cake. It's 1000 times worse than "Andy Phillips fills it up," or "Robbie Cano. Don't ya know," or what used to be his worst "Johnny Damon. Simply. Demonic." Ugh. For my money, "It is high. It is far. It is gone." is all he needs to say. He fails miserably whenever he spouts off with these inane quips, which you can tell he thinks are pure gold. Give it up John. You sound like a bigger tool than you already are.

Oh my God. It just got worse. Joba Chamberlain just struck out David Dellucci to end the 8th. Sterling closes the segment with "What a joba by Joba." Gag me with a spoon.

Anyway, Joba just bounced back and shut the door. The Yanks will be taking at least a 3-run lead into the 9th. I can hear the bassline to "Enter Sandman" now.

J-Boogie

0 comments: