Monday, August 3, 2009

Off Day Ramblings

I didn't see or listen to any of the last 2 Yankee games. On Saturday, I went to Cleveland for"The National." The National was basically a giant sports card and memorabilia convention. My main reason for going was to get Ernie Banks to sign a baseball. Mission accomplished. I'm now down to needing autographs from 9 living HOFers (MacPhail, Lasorda, Aaron, Koufax, Yastzremski, Murray, Sutter, Winfield, and Henderson). Yesterday was my sister-in law's 30th birthday and we all went to her parent's little lake house. It was about 1.5 hours away from home so that took me away from Sunday's victory.

Seeing that I missed the games, I don't have a lot to say about them. I was getting text updates on Saturday and it seemed like every few minutes the White Sox were scoring more runs. The pitching has definitely been a little suspect lately. I like to think they just ran into a hot White Sox offense. Hopefully, it was just a little bump in the road and isn't anything to be concerned about.

The lead over Boston is down to a 1/2 game. I was hoping for a bigger lead but hey, a lead is a lead. The Yanks have an off day today and then it's Roy Halladay tomorrow. Winning that game won't be an easy task. I may be in attendance for the 2 games with the Jays. I'm still undecided. I'm definitely headed north of the border to hound them for autographs, but I'll probably skip the games so that I can help the wife put the 2 kids to bed. She'd definitely appreciate it.

Enjoy the off day.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: