Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yanks Beat Jays 4-3 In Extra Frames

I did my best to follow along with the game today while I was sitting in training. I got to take the occasional peek at the MLB.com gamecast and every time I pulled it up, I kept asking myself the same question, How are the Yankees in this game? A.J. Burnett didn't have his best outing. He gave up 10 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings. Yet he only gave up 3 runs. If not for throwing 2 wild pitches he might have only allowed 1 run. While I don't like seeing A.J. allowing so many baserunners, I like seeing that few of them actually scored. It helps I guess when 9 of the hits are singles and you strike out 7. I'm assuming A.J. battled his way through this one.

Big up to the pen for throwing 5 scoreless innings.

Johnny Damon is on fire. Since July 30th, a span of 12 games, JD is 20 for 52 (.385) with 4 2B, 5 HR, 10 R and 10 RBI. Not bad. I really hope the Yankees take a look at bringing back Johnny next season. A 1-year deal for a5-7 million would be a good signing in my book. Get it done Cash.

Equally as hot is today's hero, Robinson Cano. He's having a monster month so far. In his last 10 games, Robbie is 19 for 44 (.432). He had 2+ hits in 8 of those 10 games. Is there anybody out there that still wants to see Robbie traded? God, I hope not.

The Yankees are 9-2 this month and were 6-1 on their homestand. The Yanks are an unbelievable 15-2 at home since the ASB. Wow. Now comes the hard part. The team is now headed west. A 10 game road trip starts tomorrow in Seattle. They play 3 in Seattle, followed by 4 in Oakland, and then 3 in Boston. The next 26 games could prove to be tough. 26 games in 28 days, concluding with 16 straight without a day off. They could get a little tired. The Yankees after all have had only 1 day off since the ASB. They've played 26 games in 27 days, and will have played 33 games in 34 days when their next day off rolls around. They'll have played 52 games in 55 days before they get a day off once per week. The Yanks are 20-6 since the break so they've been playing really well despite their schedule.

I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing on this west coast swing. 10:05 pm starts don't work well for me. I usually make it thru 3-5 innings before turning it off and hitting the wrapper. My soon-to-be 2 year old son wakes up everyday at about 6:30am. 5 hours of sleep doesn't work for me, especially when work is involved. We'll see.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: