Friday, August 28, 2009

Yanks Win 5-2 On Cano Walkoff In Extra Innings

Great game tonight. Too bad I missed it. Thanks again My9 and the local Buffalo TV stations. I appreciate not being able to see those games. I did follow along a little online and caught the live in-game break-ins that they do on the MLB Network. I did get to see Cano's walkoff. That was a thing of beauty. He's Robbie Cano. Don'tcha know?

I got a text from my friend Tom as soon as the game ended. It read, "Walk off baby......Let's go Yankees......" To which I replied, "I just caught the highlights. I don't get the My9 games." He came back with, "I saw the whole thing. CC pitched awesome." I responded with, "I followed along online, Def looks like he did." He wrapped up the exchange with, "Oh yeah, dominating type stuff." Now that I've bored you beyond belief, I think we can all agree that CC has been worth every penny. I didn't see the game but I'll take my buddy's word that he was dominating. His pitching line certainly supports it. Too bad he didn't pick up his league leading 16th win. He pitched well enough to earn it. The offense fell short several times from what I saw while I was following along. But a win is a win. I'll take it and I'm sure so will CC.

Big up to the bullpen for pitching 3 scoreless. Phil Hughes was again the man. He came in and faced the heart of the White Sox order and sent them down in order via the K. Mo was typical Mo. Brian Bruney picked up the W in relief. Could the Brumeister be back on track? This was his 7th straight outing with out allowing a run. His line in those 7 games: 8.1 IP, 6 hits, 5 BB, 3 K, and as I mentioned and most important of all, no runs. Bruney is probably pitching his way back up the ladder. I still don't want to see him in big spots as he's too erratic. I'm never sure what will happen when Bruney pitches. It's always an adventure.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to see tomorrow. It's time for the wife's family reunion, something I've happened to miss every year since we've been married (5 years this Thanksgiving). No such luck this year. Looks like it's Sergio Mitre versus Jose Contreras. Might not be a bad game to miss.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Jason from The Heartland said...

It seems as though you and I both missed yesterday's game, J-Boogie. Who would have thought Mitre and Gaudin would have combined on a one-hitter? Not I; not in a million years. Tremendous.

The Yanks are rolling.