Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chicks Dig The Long Ball

The Bronx Bombers were in the house tonight. 7 guys went deep for a total of 8 dingers. Talk about being locked in. The only negative was that one of the shots didn't belong to A-Rod. Besides being stuck on 499, he's in the midst of a pretty big slump. He's now hitless in his last 5 games (0-15). Mind boggling. Abreu, Posada, and Matsui had huge nights. Matsui gets my player of the game award. 2 dingers, 2 walks, 4 runs scored. Godzilla is in the hizzouse. And what about Robbie? Can you say .300? Robbie has been in the zone since the end of May. He's raised his average 51 points since 5/29. The lefties are finally getting it done.
Moose looked pretty good tonight. His numbers are getting increasingly better. We need Moose to be more consistent as we head down the stretch. I'm still a little miffed that Kyle Farnsworth is still a Yankee. I thought for sure he was gone. I won't complain though if he pulls off outings like he had tonight. A 1-2-3 outing from K-Farns has been pretty rare. I've got my fingers crossed.
The Indians lost so the Yankees are a mere 3 games behind them in the race for the wild card. I'm not really concerned with the Red Sox right now. It'll be nice to catch them and I still think they can, even with Gagne in their bullpen. That doesn't scare me and quite frankly, neither do the Red Sox. It's a different Yankees team right now. For my money, I'd back the boys in Pinstripes as the team to beat right now. The Sox game just went final. Baltimore did the job. We're 7 back in the East. Man, it's a beautiful night.
J
ps- You'd think with today being the non-waiver trade deadline that the feature story on MLBLogs would have something to do with the trades that went down. Instead, the Hollywood starlet repsonds to her readers. Swing and a miss

0 comments: