Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Decisions Decisions Decisions

Alright loyal readers. I need some advice. I have a dilemma of epic proportions and I really don't know what to do. Let me lay it out for you.
Option 1: I have tickets to this Monday's Blue Jays/Twins game up in Toronto. I got the tickets as part of my flex pack. Hey, I needed some filler as i couldn't select the August Yankees series due to the impending birth of my first child. The tickets are up in the upper deck, behind home plate, in the front row. It's about an hour and a half drive and I have to deal with the border traffic. My friend Don from Syracuse would come with me so it would be about a 4 hour drive for him. The tickets were 9 bucks and I can live with eating the cost.
Option 2: Phil Hughes is scheduled to pitch in Scranton. It's about a 4 hour drive for me. My friend Don would again be making the trip so it would be about 2 hours for him. It's early, but there's a slight chance of rain in the forecast. In all likelihood, we'd stick around after the game to try and get an autograph from Phil. Also, there is a "Sheetz" gas station/super mini-mart right outside of Scranton and they've got some "kick-a double s" grub to munch on. We stop there anytime we drive to the Bronx. And most importantly, I have a friend Jim who works for this paper company in Scranton called Dunder Mifflin. I haven't seen him since late May and it'd be great to catch up. Hardy har har.
Both outings have their advantages. Both games are night games. I don't have to work on Tuesday so it wouldn't hurt me to drive a little extra.
So if you were me, what would you do? Your input is much appreciated.
J

0 comments: