Thursday, April 24, 2008

Game Back On But Hughes Is Done

I switched off the game once the rain delay started to watch tonight's episode of The Office. I had mixed feelings as to whether or not I wanted them to finish the game. I'm dog tired and I knew if there was a long delay that Phil Hughes' night was probably done. I had begun watching tonight's episode of Lost and when I flipped over to YES at a commercial break I find Ross Ohlendorf on the hill making his 1st pitch. Needless to say I was pretty bummed.

I'm a big Hughes guy and I was looking forward to watching him throw tonight. Hughes looked good in his brief 2 inning outing. The bats just spotted him a 3 run lead so his 1st win might not have been out of the question. I was a little worried at first when he had 3 ball counts on 2 batters in the 1st. I was thinking "here we go again." But he kept his pitches in the strike zone and worked his way though it. I can understand why Girardi pulled him. Better safe than sorry. It just would have been nice if Mother Nature had cooperated and held off on the downpour for a few more hours.

I highly doubt I'll be up for the entire game. I don't do well when the games run really late and I have work the next day. I usually make it through 1/2 the game when then they're out on the left coast. Considering it's quarter to 11 and we're only in the 4th inning I'll likely be packing it in soon. I hope to make it through at least 6 innings but we'll see.

The Sox just put a run up on the board and Ohlendorf looks shaky. It's now 3-2 Yanks. A ground ball would be nice right about now.

Thanks a lot Mother Nature.

J-Boogie

0 comments: