I only caught the tail end of the game so I don't really have much to blog about. I see Moose won his 18th game and that means it's time for a Moose call: Moooooooooooooooooose! Yeah baby. 1 down, 2 to go. 20 wins is still within reach. Somebody will have to drop me a line and let me know how he did.
And congratulations to Dave, who is the winner of the 2nd DVD giveaway. Dave was closest to guessing the total number of strikeouts that the Yankee pitchers would tally in the 4 game series with the White Sox. Dave's guess was 26. The actual total was 29 (6+8+7+8=29). Gene was actually closer with his guess but went over by 2. So Dave is the winner of the Essential Games Of Yankee Stadium DVD Box Set. Congrats! I'll be e-mailing you to get your address so it can be mailed to you.
The 3rd of the 5 Essential Games Of Yankee Stadium DVD Box Set giveaways will start tomorrow night when the Yankees and Orioles match up for the Yankee Stadium finale. The question for this contest is: How many total extra base hits, walks and stolen bases will the Yankees have in their 3 games against the Orioles? Right now there are only 3 entries so if you'd like to submit a guess for a chance to win, here's what you need to do:
- E-mail your guess to me at the e-mail address listed in the upper left under "contact me"
- 1 guess per person
- Leave a comment to let me know that you submitted your guess along with your name (first name and initial)
- Make sure to put your name in the comment if you're posting it as an anonymous user, so I know who is who and can match them up with your e-mail
- There is no need to leave the guess in the comments--this will negate the "price is right" strategy
- The deadline to submit a guess for the 3rd giveaway is Friday at 7:05 pm EST, which is when the 1st game of the Yankees/Orioles series starts . So get your guesses in before then and you're good.
You can also submit guesses for the 2 remaining questions also. Those questions are:
- What will be the total combined attendance for their 3 game series in Toronto? (attendance figure will be taken from the yahoo.com box score)
- What will the Yankees team batting average be for their 3 game series against Boston?
The answers to all the questions will be in the form of a number. The person that guesses the correct "answer" for the corresponding questions, or comes closest to the correct answer without going over will win. Any ties will be broken by random drawing of all those who are correct or tied for closest to without going over. You can only win once, so if you win the DVD for the 3rd series, you won't be eligible for any of the remaining giveaways. Win the 4th giveaway and you can't win for the 5th, and so on.
Good luck and Moooooooooooooooooose!!