Monday, September 22, 2008

Yanks Win A Perfect Game!!

Wow. I guess you don't have to get 27 up 27 down for there to be a perfect game. I don't think tonight's Yankee Stadium finale could have gone any better. Perfect. Just perfect. I'm not even sure I can coherently put together a blog about it. Wow. What a night! I'm literally sitting here moving my index finger up and down my lips making that bubbubbubbub sound because I can't put thoughts together. How do you type that? Everything about tonight was awesome. I tuned into the ESPN pre-game at 1pm and pretty much watched it straight up until, well, I'm still watching. The pre-game ceremonies were absolutely awesome to watch. I got chills when Bernie Williams came out. That's the good-bye he deserved two years ago. You could see Bernie was genuinely touched by the ovation. Goosebumps. Wow.

The game itself was awesome. I really wanted Johnny Damon to be the guy with the last HR. I figured I could easily get him to sign a ball for me and inscribe it that he hit the last HR at the Stadium. Oh well. I'll take Jose Mo. He's been great for us and I'm glad he cemented himself in Yankee Stadium history.

Pettitte gets the win. Mo closes it out. Yankees win! And then it got even better.

How freaking awesome was it watching the team gather at the pitcher's mound and then Jeter busting out his speech? I couldn't help but have a tear or two drop from my ducts. And then they walked around the Stadium! That was freakin' cool! I really wish I had dropped some coin on tickets to tonight's game. $300 for bleacher seats suddenly seems like a kick-ass deal. Either way, this is something that I will never forget.

After the game, I surfed over to Steiner Sports and I couldn't help myself. I had to buy some dirt. I kind of felt obligated to. That's something I think every Yankee fan needs to have. Now if I can only convince the missus to let me buy some seats when they go on sale. I'll have to work on that.

I'm on vacation this week as I'm heading to Toronto for the Yanks/Jays series. I have to take care of my son tomorrow and he'll likely wake up around 6:30am, about 6 hours from now. I'm kind to be tired tomorrow but I honestly don't care. I'm up until the YES post game show goes off the air and even then I doubt I'll be able to fall asleep.

Wow. No more baseball at Yankee Stadium. What a way to go out. That's what a call a proper sendoff. It's definitely a sad time but the memories will certainly live on. Like I try to do at any "funeral," don't mourn the passing but celebrate the life. And as we all know, there's a heck of a lot to celebrate.

They need to release this on DVD like tomorrow.

Peace, love and Yankee Stadium,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your thoughts about the hours of coverage, because I just got finished blogging about mine. Nice to be able to compare notes. When you get to Toronto for the series up there, tell the Yankees NOT to have a letdown, which it would be only natural to have after today/tonight. Maybe they'll sweep and head into Boston as total spoilers.