Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now, Yanks Win On Swisher's Walkoff

Man, I wish I got to see the game tonight. Thanks again My9. I was watching the MLB Network and as soon as they cut in to show Swisher's AB and it didn't say "Live" in the corner, I knew he won it. It kind of took away from my excitement, but it was awesome nonetheless. I guess I should kind of apologize to Nicky Swish for calling him "The Rally Killer." But I guess there's a difference between killing a rally and starting one, so it'll be a half an apology. He got the job done tonight that's for sure. He went deep twice. For some odd reason Swisher hasn't hit a lot of HRs in the new stadium. That wasn't the case tonight. Nicky Swish coming through. I wonder how that pie tasted.

I see Phil Hughes gave up a run. I guess he is human after all. No worries.

Derek Jeter went hitless again. I'm interested to see if he has any thoughts on his little drought. I wonder if the pressure is getting to him. I wouldn't think so as he doesn't seem like the type to be bothered by it, but who knows? It looks like he had an awful night at the plate, going 0-4 with 3 Ks. He's now hitless in his last 12 ABs. I took a quick scan through the game logs and it's the 1st time all year Derek has gone hitless in 3 straight games. I like to think that slumping right when he's about to break the all-time Yankees hit record is purely a coincidence. I imagine though he feels a little pressure as everyone expects him to do it at home. I'll definitely be scanning the blogs tomorrow to see if he made comment on it.

Big up to Chad Gaudin on what looks like a really solid outing.

It definitely doesn't look like the prettiest win but it still ends up in the win column so who cares how it's done. It's nice to be held to 5 hits and still win. The win puts the Yankees at a season-high 40 games over .500, at a record of 90-50. Even if they go .500 the rest of the way, they'll win 101 ball games. That's pretty impressive considering the division they play in. The magic # to clinch the AL East is now 15. I don't want to get ahead of myself but it's all but a given. Joba goes tomorrow night so who knows what to expect. Joba has been pretty bad lately. He's 0-3 in his last 5 starts. He's gone 21 inning, allowing 31 hits, 10 walks and 19 earned runs. Allow me to do the math. That's an ERA of 8.14. That my friends, is awful.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: