Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yankees B/C-Team Whips The Royals 8-2

I caught about 3 innings of the game last night. The 2 hour rain delay put a hurting on my ability to watch it. So I don't have much to report on it. I'm very pleased with the result. Our B-team put a whomping on the Royals for win #101. Nice.

It was cool to see that Ramiro Pena hit his 1st big league HR. That ball's a keeper. I hope he got it back.

Big day for Cano with a grand salami. He's up to 84 RBI. There's probably not enough time left for him to reach 90.

Looks like Chad Gaudin had a pretty good outing. The Yanks are 6-0 when Gaudin starts. That'll keep you on the roster. As will the 3.54 ERA he's sporting. He very easily could take Joba's spot in the postseason rotation. That may not be a bad idea anyway. If Gaudin starts and falters, bring in Joba. If Gaudin does well, Joba can be used at the back end of the bullpen with Hughes and Mariano. I'm not saying I want Joba back in the bullpen. I'm saying that Gaudin might be a better option for the playoffs. It might not be a bad idea. Maybe then we'll see Joba pump out the 98-100mph heat that we haven't really seen this year. A lot could ride on their last starts.

The team goes for win #102 tonight. A.J. Burnett and the A-lineup versus Anthony Lerew. I'm not sure what to expect from Burnett. His father had triple-bypass surgery so his head might not be 100% with the team, which is understandable. Then again, situations like A.J.'s often come with something magical so his final home start might be something special. Have to tune in to find out.

Go Twins!

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part of the game was after Pena got back to the bench, the team gave him the silent treatment for a little bit. It was really funny.

James Johnson said...

I believe the game was awesome!

J-Boogie said...

Thanks for the feedback guys. It would have been nice to see Pena's HR and the reaction from the bench.