Monday, September 28, 2009

The Case Of A D-Bag Red Sox Fan

An anonymous reader, possibly my friend Don, left a comment earlier about a travesty that happened in my old stomping grounds, Syracuse, NY. A 4th grader in Baldwinsville, NY was told by his teacher, a Red Sox fan, to turn his Yankee shirt inside-out. Are you kidding me? Unreal.

I can't believe anybody in a position of authority, let alone someone in charge of a 9 year old, would ever tell someone that they can't wear a shirt of a sports team. Talk about being anti-American. Way to step on a 9-year old's first ammendment rights. I get that people dislike the Yankees. I get that some Red Sox fans, like some Yankee fans, are absolute morons. But come on now. This is the lowest of the low. Bullying a 9-year old because he's wearing a Yankee shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself Peter Addabbo. You are a grade-A douchebag.

The poor kid, Nathan Johns, was made fun of by some older kids for wearing his shirt inside out. The article quotes Nathan as saying, “It was such a horrible day. I don’t ever want anything like to happen again.” Man, what a douche.

The article also quotes Nate saying, “Just because my teacher doesn’t like the Yankees I should still have the right to wear a Yankees shirt." You're darn right you do. Nate also said that the teacher has Boston Red Sox paraphernalia all over the classroom on display. What a douche.

If you couldn't tell, I think that the teacher is a huge douche. I hope he feels good about himself. And congrats Sox fans, he's one of yours. Picking on a 9-year old for wearing a CC Sabathia t-shirt. Big man you are there Peter Addabbo. I hope you get what's coming to you.

There is some good news in all of this. The Yankees caught wind of the story and sent little Nate a gift package. Now that's class. Nicely done Yanks.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: