Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yanks Win 7th Straight With 10-5 Win Over Blue Jays

I have to make this quick because I'm flat-out exhausted and tomorrow morning I'm headed to Toronto to check out the Yanks play the Jays and hopefully pick up a few autographs or two (or ten). I was actually up there this afternoon trying to get a few autos but I whiffed. I could have gotten some but they're either guys I have (A.J. Burnett) or guys I don't want (Ramiro Pena). The reason I don't want some guys, if you're wondering, is that I only get official MLB baseballs signed, and there's just some guys out there I don't want to sign a $15 baseball. And if you're wondering why I went up there and didn't stay for the game, I promised the wife I'd be back to help with the kids. It's hard to get time away from the fam when you have two kids 2 and under. Sometimes you've got to compromise. Consider that some free advice.

I have a minor beef with the way the Yankees are approaching this series with the Jays. My issue stems with the pitching. Chad Gaudin started today and went less than 4 innings. Joba goes tomorrow and I think the new "Joba Rules" say he's only going 3 innings. Pettitte goes Saturday. No problem with that. Sergio Mitre pitches Sunday and odds are good he'll throw less than 5 innings. The bullpen is going to throw a lot of innings this weekend. I know they've got a pretty deep bullpen with the September call-ups, but still, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Aceves is probably out tomorrow. So who's the long man? The Yankees used 4 RPs tonight and will probably need to use 4 tomorrow. These guys could be very tired at the end of the weekend. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Great outing by the bullpen tonight. Big up to all you guys. Aceves picked up his 10th win. That's a little misleading because he came in quite a bit in games when the Yankees had the lead and the SP couldn't go the 5 innings needed to qualify for a win. Regardless, he is 10-1 and that's still impressive. The 1 loss especially. He's not blowing games. Big up to Ace.

Great night at the plate. Any game that you score 10 runs in is a great game offensively. They've been turning it on at the end of games lately. Jorge Posada has found a nice power stroke. His HR tonight was his 5th in his last 6 games. The HR gives JoPo 20 and that makes him the 7th Yankee with at least 20 HRs. It's a franchise record and it ties the MLB record. 3 more HRs by Derek Jeter and they break the record.

That's 7 straight for the Yanks. They are kicking some major ass. I'm hoping to see that trend continue in person. I doubt I'll blog much while I'm up there but you never know. You'll probably hear from me again on Sunday. Enjoy the games.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,

I love the blog- read it every day.

Do you live up in Toronto?

Is Toronto a particularly good place to get autographs? I've found it to be nearly impossible at Yankee stadium the past few years.

In any event, if you happen to have the opportunity, I am a diehard Yankee fan and would LOVE LOVE LOVE autographs from virtually all of the guys.

One specific one I'm after is Nick Swisher, so if you get a chance to have him sign a ball, I'll pay you for the ball, shipping, and some money as a token of my appreciation. I'm just against paying for autographs- like I mean SteinerSports type dollars for autographs, or else I'd buy them. It's much more fun to have a player sign it in person. Something my Dad told me when I was a little kid- never by an autograph, so I just can't.

If you can't get Swisher, but can get any other player on the Yanks, the same holds true- I'll pay for the ball or as many balls as you can get signed; shipping, and an "appreciation fee."

Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to do. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy your trip!

Sincerely,

John Collins
jfctiger@aol.com