Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jorge Posothead Needs To Check Himself

I caught the highlights, or should I say lowlights, of last night's loss to the Blue Jays this morning. I really want to know what Jorge Posada was thinking when he threw a little shimmy on Jesse Carlson after he scored. I really thought Jorge was smarter than that. I've always thought of him as a little hot-headed but level-headed at the same time. Maybe he's not as level-headed as I thought. He let his emotions get the best of him and he needs to check himself before he wrecks himself and the team.

There's a time and a place for what Jorge did and it's not when there's 2 weeks left in the season and you're in the middle of a playoff run. You run the risk of getting your teammates hurt. You never know what's going to happen when teams lock up in a scrum. The replay showed Carlson with a nice lump on his dome (Shelley Duncan maybe?). Girardi it looked like had a puffy eye. People get hurt when BCBs happen. It's a good thing nobody did in this case. Wasn't there a guy a year or two ago who got hurt in a BCB and missed the rest of the season? His name escapes me but I'm pretty sure it happened. Anybody know?

Without question, Jorge is going to be suspended for this. I'm guessing it will be a 6 game suspension, which will be appealed and dropped to 5 games. The question is will Posada and the Yankees draw out the appeal process and somehow drag it out so it takes place next year. i have mixed feelings on that. I'd like to see Jorge man up and bite the bullet but at the same time I don't want the team to be impacted on the stretch run. I can see him dropping his appeal as soon as they've clinched a spot or maybe when they clinch home-field advantage. I guess we'll find out soon.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite the team in the ass. It was a stupid thing to do and I hope Jorge checks himself the next time he's in this situation. The last thing i want to see happen is they lose HFA or the AL EAst crown because Jorge is riding the pine. I think the lead is big enough that they'll be OK, but crazier things have happened.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

Rob A from BBD said...

Posothead, not bad. I like Abraham's Sunny Corelone Posada better though.

J-Boogie said...

Thanks Rob. It's tough to beat Pete Abe's moniker for him. It's pretty spot on.