Monday, April 9, 2007

The Boogie Down Baby

The next generation of Yankee bloggers is on the way. Yours truly is going to be a dad. In a few short months (mid-August), the wife will be giving birth to a bouncing baby boy, who will henceforth be known as "The Boogie Down Baby." Look for his very own MLBlog in the coming years.
I wrote a while back that I wanted to somehow incorporate some Yankee lore into the baby's name, with the name "Mattingly" as my top choice. Originally, the wife was sold on the name, but has since changed her mind. We are keeping it baseball related, as we're going with the name Cooper, as in Cooperstown. These were my choices for middle names, all got vetoed: Cooper Stown, Cooper Ific, Cooper Fect, Cooper Nicus. Can you believe the wife didn't like the name Cooper Stown? The nerve. As I was cycling through the mental rolodex of Yankee greats, none seem to fit. As I was driving home, I thought of the name Clemens. That made me think of Nolan Ryan. And from that, we chose the middle name Ryan.
I've already bought plenty of Yankee gear for him. I can't wait to plop down on the couch with him and watch games. I'm very excited!
J

0 comments: