Thursday, April 19, 2007

Superstitious

Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm superstitious. I believe in jinxes and all that stuff. I think most baseball fans believe that somehow things they do can influence how their team does, knowing full well that it's more of a coincidence when things seem to work or go awry. A lot of ballplayers are superstitious. Why should the fans be any different?
I have this Nike Yankee shirt. It's classified as performance apparel, but it's loose-fitting and comfy and I sometimes wear it as a tee. It has the interlocking NY over the heart and the trademark Nike swoosh on the right side. Anyway, I decided to wear it to work on Tuesday under my Yankee hoodie. The Yankees won. When I woke up Wednesday, I said to myself, "What the heck. I'll wear it again." The Yankees won. Today, I'm rocking it again and we're going for win #3. Quite frankly, I'm hoping this shirt makes it through the weekend series in Beantown. It's not coming off, or getting washed, until they lose. My co-workers have already expressed their gratitude.
Am I the only weird one out there that does stuff like this? I'm interested to know if others have weird "practices" and what they are. Feel free to share.
J

0 comments: