Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wang Is Back! Yanks Win 3-1, Why Am I Awake Still?

How can I turn off the TV and go to bed when Chien-Ming Wang is throwing a good one? Simple answer: I can't. I told the wife I would go to bed after Wang finished. Little did I know he'd throw into the 8th and it would be such a tight game. And normally, I'd zip right to bed after the last out but how can I not blog about it now? I might make it short and sweet. We'll see.

Wang was great! Total 180 from how's he been lately. He didn't issue many freebies and he picked up 4 DPs. And he only threw 83 pitches!! Talk about economical. Seems like the sinker works to me. Vintage Wang. Welcome back. Missed ya kid. I wasn't sure why Girardi lifted him in the 8th for Jose Veras. You've got to have a lot of confidence to lift Chien-Ming for Veras in that spot. I never would have done it. Veras came close to blowing it. That wouldn't have been good.

Offense was so-so. Not good, not bad. Considering they had 7 hits and 6 walks they should have scored more than 3 runs. If not for Melky's insurance HR, it would have been only 2 runs. Not good. Lucky for them Wang took care of business.

Why does Melky continue to slide into first base? Can't someone get it through his head that it slows him down? Anyone?

And I know that the A's threw a lefty tonight, but Wilson Betemit should never be in the lineup in place of Hideki Matsui regardless of who's pitching.

Mariano finished off the 4th straight game. 4 games in 4 days. He's a gamer. I'm glad Joe went to him and not to anyone else. I'll take a tired Mo over anyone in the bullpen any day of the week.

It's part 1:30. Rise and shine at 6:30. I need to hit the wrapper.

J-Boogie

0 comments: