Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nothing Is Worse Than Staying Up Until 1:30 Just To Watch The Yankees Lose

Today's the day first my son's 1st birthday party. The wife is out preparing and the little one is sleeping. I have about 10 minutes or so to crank out a blog entry before I have to move onto my next task. If I'm not getting it at work, I'm getting it at home. Anyway.....

The Yanks took it on the chin last night. It was one of those games that were both boring and exciting at the same time, if that makes sense. I couldn't wait for it to end but that had more to do with being exhausted and knowing I'd be lucky to get 5 hours of sleep (ended up with 4.5). A.J. Burnett wasn't exactly good last night. But he did what a SP is supposed to do and that's keep his team in the game and put them in a position to win. In my estimation he did that so I can't call it a bad outing. He definitely battled his was through 6-plus innings. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. He threw want too may balls. About 57% of his pitches were strikes which isn't all that great. He got hit pretty hard too. But again, he had the team in a position to win so I don't view the outing as bad as it could have been. I think what drove me most nuts about his start was that as soon as he had the lead he gave it up. I hate seeing that.

Mark Teixeira's collision with the Angels' catcher was a nasty hit. I think it was a clean play but I think it shouldn't have happened. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with getting hit but again, clean play. Plays at the plate always run that risk and I don't think it was a blatant attempt to injure the catcher.

Joba Joba Joba. That was painful to watch. I can't decide if it would be more painful to watch as a SP or RP. I'm glad he's in the pen and I think he'll turn out to be an above-average RP, but last night I could do without. He got hammered and ended up taking the loss. I think it's safe to say that Kendry Morales owns JC. Morales is now 5-7 against him in his career. Put that in the the little playbook Joe. Remember that. I'm not saying to let the #s dictate the decision, but just remember it.

Nick Swisher hit his 2nd HR of he season. If you're new to the blog or just plum forgot, a few of us Yankee fans have gotten together to donate $$ to Nick Swisher's charity, Swish's Wishes. Basically, every HR Nick hits earns money for the charity. We're up to $37 per HR and also have a flat donation of $40 added to the mix, so the current amount that's going to the charity is $114. There's a "tracker" in the upper left sidebar that's updated with the total. Check if out if you feel inclined to look. Also, we'd love it if we could get more support. Drop me a line or leave a comment if you're interested and I'll add you to it. As you can see, no amount is too small. We've got as little as $2 per HR being donated. Anything and everything helps.

The game today is at 4:10pm on Fox. First pitch is about 30 minutes after the start of my son's party so I'll probably miss all of it. Andy Pettitte has been rock solid all season. I think he'll have a good start. Enjoy the game.

I went over my allotted time by about 15 minutes. Don't tell my wife.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

0 comments: