Saturday, April 24, 2010

Who's The Man? Andy Pettitte's The Man. (And So Is Robinson Cano)

Didn't see any of the game today as it was my son's first birthday party. I got occasional score updates via my friend's Motorola Droid (gotta get me one of those) and I was very pleased when I heard it was 6-0 after 5. My immediate comment to him was that Andy Pettitte is awesome. I just got done looking at the box score and my conclusion is that Andy Pettitte is the man.

I don't think I needed to see the game to know that Pettitte dominated the Angels. Just look at his pitching line. 8 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 K and 65.8% of his pitches were strikes. It doesn't get much better than that. I haven't read any recaps of the game yet to know just how awesome he was. I'm not sure I'll get to tonight as the missus just realized she has to fill out report cards by Monday and she hasn't started yet. I'm sure I'll get to read something at some point but if anyone wants to share their thoughts on AP's outing, I'd appreciate that. I think it's fair to say that Andy Pettitte is the team's best pitcher right now, hands down. You can probably argue that he's one of the game's best right now too. I'll admit it. I didn't see that coming. You go Andy. Keep on rocking it.

Robinson Cano is also the man. He went 4-5 today and is 8 for his last 16. I'm definitely not backing down from my Cano = AL MVP prediction. He'd definitely get my vote for team MVP at this point. He's going to have a monster year. And to think, a lot of Yankee fans wanted him traded. For shame.

Brett Gardner had 3 hits and now he's sitting on a .340 average. He's put together a nice little run. Over his last 7 games, Brett is hitting 11 for 24. Wow. I didn't see this coming either but I'm loving it.

It's crazy that the Yankees are 12-5 and are on the verge of winning their 6th straight series tomorrow. It's a little hard to believe because they haven't received much production from Mark Teixeira or Nick Johnson. Teixeira's 1-5 performance today raised his average to .123. That's sad. You go 1-5 and your average goes up. Not good. Especially when it's from the reigning MVP. Nick Johnson isn't doing much better at .135. The Yankees need better production from those 2 and the sooner it comes the better.

The Yankees go for their 6th straight series win tomorrow. It's on Javy Vazquez to bring tomorrow's one home. Taking 2 of 3 from Anaheim in Anaheim would be mighty nice. I think it's pretty evident even if they lose that the Angels are no longer the Yankees' Achilles heel. Counting last year's ALCS, the Yankees have won 10 of their last 15 meetings (I think I did the math right). My how the tables have turned.

The team is definitely off to a great start. I don't think any Yankee fan could have asked for more. They're 12-5 and have gotten zero production from their 2-3 hitters and they've played the cream of the crop. The Red Sox are always among the best. The Rays are currently 12-5 and are widely regarded as one of the top 5 teams in baseball. The AL West is thought to be a toss up between the Rangers and Angels. Prior to running into the Yankees the A's were sitting on a 9-5 record. It's impressive that the team is 12-5 at this point. They're definitely the best team in the game right now. I don't think anybody out there can say they're not.

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

2 comments:

Swanny said...

iPhone is way better than the droid

Mike said...

Swanny, don't lie to JBoogie. We all know the Droid is much better than the iPhone.