Friday, April 23, 2010

A-Rod Walked Across Your Mound? So What!

Since I missed yesterday's game because of my what is now my crappy job, I missed the episode between Alex Rodriguez and A's pitcher Dallas Braden. I still haven't seen the replay of it but it was definitely a hot topic on XM's MLB Network radio shows (at least I think it was, I only heard about 1.5 hours of it today because of my job). Anyway, here's my take:

A-Rod was just using his head. MLB's goal is to speed up games. Everybody knows that the quickest way to get from point A (3rd base) to point B (first base) is to go in a straight line. In this case the straight line happened to go right across the pitcher's mound. Alex was just using his melon and was trying to help speed the game along. Hopefully that makes Bumpkin' Joe West happy.

Seriously though, it sounded like a dick move on A-Rod's part, especially if it's some kind of unwritten rule or against the game's etiquette. Personally, I don't have an issue with it and I say that because A-Rod is one of my guys. I look at it as his attempt at getting inside Braden's head. But what do I know?

Peace, love and Pinstripes,

J-Boogie

1 comments:

Mike said...

Audio
http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2010/04/dallas_braden_unplugged_as_pit.html

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty54Rjrb3QI&feature=player_embedded