Saturday, May 26, 2007

Another Dud

What an incredibly boring game today. I actually dozed off for most of it. It doesn't look like I missed much. Another pitiful performance by the Yankees offense. I think this is the 3rd or 4th game now where the sole run production is from Doug Mientkiewicz. You know you're offense is bad when he's the guy knocking in the runs. Pitiful.
I saw Wang's first inning implosion and was surprised to hear he lasted 8 innings when I saw the final up on the screen and Michael Kay mentioned he went 8. I actually woke up when there was 1 out in the bottom of the 9th. For a split second I thought the Yankees might have a shot at a comeback, but then I realized I was awake and not dreaming. When the count was 1-2 on Abreu I said to my wife before the pitch that he'd strike out looking. And sure enough, Blind Bobby came through. Granted the pitch was off the plate, but you have to at least foul the pitch off when it's that close and take a whack at the next offering. There's no excuse for watching strike three with the tying run on base. I don't care how good your eye is. If it's close, you swing. Bad call by the ump. Worse call by Abreu. Swing the bat. And am I the only one that wants to punch K-Rod right in the nose. I hate watching him after he gets the last out. He drives me nuts. I so wanted to see him get beat.
Boston wins again. 11.5 game back. This team needs to flip the switch already. 21-26 is not the mark of a good team, and right now the Yankees record suits them. They look like **** day in and day out. For the most part, there has been no consistency from anyone. I'm going up to Toronto for the 3 game set with the Jays and I really hope that these guys put up some kind of effort and play like they're capable of playing. I'm getting beyond sick of watching them play like garbage.
J-Boogie

0 comments: