Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Man We Stink

Greetings from Toronto. Yesterday was no fun. Hopefully today will be better. I've never attended a Yankees game where I thought they didn't have a fighting chance. But by the 3rd inning, I didn't see any fight in the dog and I knew our chances were slim. Dustin McGowan? I'll ask it again. Dustin McGowan? The Yankees couldn't hit Dustin McGowan? These guys are making junk pitchers look like Cy Freaking Young. Un-freaking-believable.
Before the game, the Blue Jays held a private Q&A with Reggie Jackson. It was a perk for buying one of their flex packs. It was supposed to last an hour and a half and it lasted about 45 minutes. It was pretty cool. Reggie was pretty up front and candid. At one point he was posed a question about what his thoughts were on Bonds. It was pretty funny as before he answered he asked if there was any media around. He didn't pull any punches in his reply if you know what I mean. He also said at one point during spring training a few years ago he didn't recognize Sammy Sosa because he was so much smaller. Same thing for an unnamed catcher who is still playing today. I can only assume he was talking about Pudge. Interesting stuff.
The autograph seeking didn't go well yesterday. I picked up a Ron Guidry while my friend snagged a Kenny Singleton. There were some others that could have been had but why waste a perfectly good MLB baseball on Wil Nieves and Doug Mientkiewicz? Nobody of any real significance signed except for Damon, and he always signs. Good guy. Hopefully, today will be a better day.
And as for my friend "bowlajello's" comments that it's my fault they're losing as when I watch them they lose. Sure I went to game 7 in 2004 when they lost to the Sox, but for the most part, they win more than they lose when I'm there. And besides, they're pretty bad whether I'm there or not.
Gotta go. Time to do some more hawking.
Dustin McGowan? Really now?
J

0 comments: