Saturday, May 5, 2007

I Love Wang

First off, let me apologize to those of you that came here from an internet search engine expecting to see something else. Wait, why am I apologizing? It's pronounced "Wong" you sickos.
Chien-Ming Wang flirted with perfection today. He retired the first 22 batters he faced before giving up a solo HR to Ben Broussard. I listed to the first 7+ innings on my XM. The Pawtucket Red Sox were in town to face the Buffalo Bisons and I went down to the park to see if I could get a couple of autographs. I did. Craig Hansen and Jacoby Ellsbury. Two balls signed, both on sweet spots. Nice.
The gates opened at 4pm about the same time that the Yankees game started. It took about 45 minutes to get the two autographs and I left right after as I didn't want to stick around and watch that game. I was lucky enough to get a free ticket from some guy outside the park so it didn't cost me anything. The drive home took about 20 minutes and I pulled in the driveway as Wang got the last out in the 6th. There was no way I was going in to watch this game on TV. I knew the second I went in and turned the game would be the second that Seattle spoiled Wang's bid for perfection. So I sat in the car and listened to Sterling's call of the game. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. Not today anyway.
You've got to love Chien-Ming Wang. He is far and away the ace of the staff and his outing today did nothing but solidify that. His outing today was the Yankees longest outing of the year by a starter. It was also the best. No one can argue with that.
It took the offense a while to get to Weaver but they broke it open with a 5-run 6th. I was afraid for a brief second that everyone was going to be mailing me a beatdown, but thankfully, the Yankees offense took care of business. Jeter gets the offensive star of the game, bouncing back from an 0-for-6 night and going 3 -for-4. I hope A-Rod's late HBP isn't anything serious. I hate national broadcasts because they have no post-game show. It's so much better when these games are on YES.
And now it gets interesting. Darrell Rasner goes tomorrow. Matt DeSalvo gets the call on Monday. Now's your time to shine guys. Let's hope Wang's outing today jump starts things.
Peace, love and Pinstripes,
J-Boogie

0 comments: