Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And We're Back.....

Pardon my absence. I've been extremely busy. I just got done moving a room full of furniture from our house to my in-laws house. Got to make room for baby. Less than 2 months from his arrival. Yippee-kai-ay. It didn't help that it's about 100 degrees outside. All that manual labor has me sweating like my man Bowlajello when he was hiding in the woods while on the run from the po-po. But now I'm back and hopefully work will cooperate and allow me quality some blogging time.
Like most Yankees fans out there, I was thoroughly disgusted with the Yankees play while out on the west coast. That kind of baseball isn't going to result in playing in October. They just finished the top of the 4th in Baltimore. A leadoff single by Jeter. A force out at second. A double play. Typical. What failed the Yankees while out west was the lack of timely hitting. They can't string together successive hits to keep the line moving. I see Torre has Abreu hitting 8th. Not a huge vote of confidence from the skipper.
It's hard to believe that the Yankees have lost 5 of their last 6. If you're like me, you saw this team winning at least 3 of every 5. With Pettitte, Clemens, Mussina, Wang and rotating 5th starter, you'd think there'd be no way this team wouldn't play at least .600 ball. Sadly, we were sorely wrong. The pitching and the offense just don't want to co-exist, and it's usually the highly paid Yankees offense that's coming up short. It's mind boggling. It really is.
A catchable ball just dropped between Melky and Abreu. It's been that kind of season.
J

0 comments: