Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I Don't Wanna Work, I Just Wanna Bang On These Keys All Day

I've said this a million times, and I'll probably say this at least another million times, I hate working! I'm just not cut out for it. I think I'd be perfectly happy sitting around on my duff and watching TV or blogging about the Yankees. in all reality, it's the job I'm really not a fan of. I can honestly say I've never really had a job I was gaga over. The best job I've ever had was managing a movie theater. The hours weren't great, and you deal with a lot of dummies, but it was a lot of fun. I think that was the case because most of the employees were high school/college aged kids. We really did screw around a lot. Ah the memories. Right jello? There are a lot of times at work where i can squeeze in some quality blogging time, but lately, my free time is getting severely cut in to by pointless meetings and in having to deal with whiny employees that rely on me for everything. it's a pain, but that's life. I gotta deal.
I went to last night's SWB Yankees/Bisons game. It was weird looking up at the scoreboard and seeing Yankees listed, and then looking around the crowd and seeing like 500 people. It was pretty odd. The Baby Bombers rolled the Bisons. I left after 5 and a half so i could catch some of the Yankees game. SWB ended up winning 15-4 or something like that. Chase Wright was on the mound and he looked alright. I wouldn't give him the ball on the big club, but he got the job done. I didn't get any autographs. To be honest, that aren't that many on the AAA team who I'd want to waste a ball on. Igawa is really the only one, and I'm not even crazy about that. I was going to ask Chase to sign a ball and inscribe it "4 in a row" but I didn't think he'd go for it. They are in town through Friday and I'll try to get back. They play at 1pm tomorrow and I'm going to try and bust out of jail, I mean work, early to check out some of it. I won't be devastated if i don't make it.
I thought the real Yankees were in for a tough night after hearing Jeter ground into 2 DPs in his first 2 PAs. But by the time was all said and done, the team set a season high for total hits and everybody was at the party. 6 guys had multi-hit games. Gotta love that. But only 7 runs? Come on guys. Pile it on! Abreu seems to have turned a corner. He's 9 for his last 18. Alex had a great game also. I'd have to give my game ball to Miguel Cairo though. He played a great first base and went 2-for-4. Maybe we'll see him as the everyday guy at first for a while. I say they give him a shot.
Farnsworth has to go. Just when you think he's capable of getting guys out, he slips back into a funk and almost blows the whole shebang. Bruney looked uncharacteristically bad. I'm not so worried about that. I was a little surprised they didn't open the 9th with Rivera but he ended up getting in work due to Bruney's ineffectiveness. Mo looked good. The ERA is slowly creeping back to respectability. Knock on wood. Clippard looked good. He just needs to be more economical with his pitches.
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but could the tide be slowly turning? The Sox haven't looked so great and the Yankees are finally looking like they might be getting things going. There's a lot of baseball left to play and anything can happen.
All signs look good for a weekend Rocket landing. A nice winning streak before his arrival would be pretty nice. With Wang, Moose, and Pettitte on the horizon, things could be looking up.
J-Boogie

0 comments: