Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eight Straight & Feelin' Great

I didn't get to see much of the game. It was supposed to be Wednesday night softball but about an hour before game time, the cell phone rings, and she's crying. Her feet are swollen and she's on the way to the hospital. Her OB/GYN advised she should go just to make sure she's not suffering from high blood pressure, which could have an adverse effect on the baby. Everything was fine. All tests were perfect. I basically sat in a room the size of a walk-in closet, sitting there, doing nothing, while the missus was laying in a bed with a fetal monitor on. I'm all for doing the expectant husband thing, but there's nothing fun about sitting in a room staring at the wall. I wonder if that's how Paris feels?
We left the hotel at about 8:15. The score was 3-1 in favor of the good guys. By the time I got home 20 minutes later, it was 7-1. Bombs by Posada, A-Rod and Matsui. The Bronx Bombers were in the house. And as soon as I pulled in the driveway, the bats went pretty silent. According to the box score, it looks like the guys were on their game again, with the exception of Damon and Wil Nieves. Nieves going hitless doesn't surprise me. Damon's been hot and cold recently. If he's going to be at the top of the order, he needs to contribute a little more. It seems like he does better when he's DH'ing. Why mess with a good thing?
Mooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee! The innings I caught Moose looked pretty sharp. Another great outing by a Yankees starter. I love Moose. I really hope he makes it to 300 wins. He's been one of the most consistent starters his entire career. Are you also a Moose fan? Go join his fan club. I did.
People have been dogging the Yankees rotation since day 1. I've said all along that our rotation is solid and is one of the better rotations in the league. They're definitely pitching that way now. Maybe that has something to do with everyone being healthy. By the end of the year, you'll see that I'll be able to statistically validate that claim. It won't be long for the team ERA matches up with Boston, who by the way are down 12-2 headed to the bottom of the 9th. Mark my words.
Mirabelli strikes out looking. Cora grounds out to short. Julio Lugo flies out to center. Sox lose! Yankees win! Thuhhhhhhhh Yankees win! 8.5 back. My how quickly things change.
I just saw the highlight of A-Rod's BOMB! Holy freeholy. Don't forget to scroll down and check out "This or That w/ Phil Hughes"
J

0 comments: