Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This Or That w/ Phil Hughes

At the end of my post yesterday, I mentioned I had something "cool" on the burner. I had an idea a few months ago where I wanted to ask "this or that" questions to some of the Yankees and post their replies as a "weekly feature" on the blog. Being in Buffalo, the only way I'd get to do that would be to try it via mail, and cross my fingers that I get replies. I haven't actually sent anything out.
I recently found out through my friend Joe that Yankee rookie Phil Hughes has his own website, and get this, he's cool enough to actually interact with the fans. You don't see that everyday.
Now I'm a big Hughes fan. I actually purchased a "Hughes 65" t-shirt knowing full well that he'll likely change the number. I'll definitely get a new one next year (rumor has it he's going with #45). He has a section on his site that's basically a message board, and there's a section called "Contact Phil." I threw the questions up on the site yesterday and he answered them about 6 hours later. How cool is that?

Make sure you check out his site and even go as far as joining the community. It's pretty cool. If you're a Yankee fan, I highly suggest you check it out. You may even win some cool swag (he on occasion runs contests). Here are the questions with Phil's answers:

  1. rock, rap, or country = rock
  2. chicken or beef = both
  3. chocolate or vanilla = chocolate
  4. Coke or Pepsi = Pepsi
  5. Playstation or Xbox = Xbox
  6. McDonalds, Wendys, or Burger King = Wendy's
  7. cats or dogs = dogs
  8. action, comedy, or drama = comedy
  9. MTV or VH1 = MTV
  10. pancakes or waffles = pancakes
  11. early riser or night owl = night owl
  12. jeans or khakis= jeans
  13. boxers, briefs, or boxer briefs = boxers

I can't imagine there are many players out there who interact with their fans via their own website. Again, go check it out and a special thanks to Phil for playing along. Get well soon. Can't wait to see you back on the hill.
Feel free to add your own responses in the comments section.
J

0 comments: